St. Louis City Fitness LLC offers one-on-one, partner, and small group personal training at 7700 Clayton Rd Suite 100 and in-home training in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
Our personal training services cover all aspects of fitness conditioning and may include any of the following, tailored to suit your needs and goals:
- Functional Training
- Strength Training
- Core Conditioning
- Aerobic Training
- Agility and Balance
Specialized Training Services
- Weight Management – one-on-one or group training available.
- Sport-Specific Training – athletic training to enhance speed, agility, balance, coordination, movement quality and strength as it relates to your desired sport.
- Small Group Training* – Partner (two clients/one trainer) or multi-partner (three or more clients/one trainer) training is available at our facility or in your home.
*Each client will be required to have an individual assessment and one individual training session before beginning to work with their partner or partners.
- Special Needs Training – post-therapeutic training for those who have recently encountered an injury or have a chronic special need to accommodate.
At your first meeting with one of our trainers, your trainer will review your health history form and typically perform a fitness assessment. Your fitness assessment has several components and will give us an idea of your level of cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, and muscular strength in several key areas. This information, along with your health history, will help us create the best exercise program for you.
There are a few simple steps you can take to get the very best results from your fitness assessment:
1. Please dress appropriately for light exercise. You’ll need comfortable clothes and athletic shoes. In addition, we’ll need access to your upper right arm, upper back, and abdomen, so please wear clothing which will allow this. A sports bra works well for women, although we can work around a t-shirt, if you prefer.
2. Please refrain from any caffeine for 4 hours before your fitness assessment. Caffeine is a stimulant and can raise your heart rate. It can also cause mild dehydration, which can affect your body composition estimates.
3. Please refrain from over-the-counter medicines before your fitness assessment. Many such medicines can affect the results.
4. Find your Resting Heart Rate before your first appointment. Click here to go to the resting heart rate page. Please read the explanation of resting heart rate and follow the instructions provided. Bring the results with you.
5. Bring your completed Health History and Fitness Assessment Release forms with you. We must have these forms in hand to proceed with your fitness assessment.
INITIAL EVALUATION AND CONSULTATION
Each client is offered an initial evaluation and consultation which may include the following:
- Health History/Lifestyle Questionnaire
- Fitness Assessment
- Postural Screening – a brief visual analysis of postural imbalances
- Seven Day Food Diary Analysis (optional)
- Body fat testing
- Body measurements
- Cardiovascular fitness test
- Flexibility test
- Core strength test and relative strength test
GETTING STARTED WITH ST. LOUIS CITY FITNESS
Please take a few minutes to print out, read, and complete the following forms before you meet with one of our trainers:
- WELCOME FORM – tips for getting the most from your fitness assessment.
- HEALTH HISTORY & CLIENT GOALS – a brief summary of your medical history and fitness goals/expectations.
- ASSESSMENT RELEASE – needed to perform your fitness assessment.
- CLIENT RELEASE – needed to work with our trainers.
- PHYSICIAN CLEARANCE – your trainer will tell you if you need to have your doctor complete this form for you.
- RESTING HEART RATE – follow the instructions to determine your resting heart rate.
Simply click on the name of the form you wish to see, then print out and complete.